Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Co- Author Sharon Eileen Reed (Starr) Bio

I was born 6 Aug 1944 in Atlanta, Ga . to Howard Reed and Thelma Roxanna James. My Grandparents were Lucinda Miller and Albert Blunt James. My great grandparents were David Solon James, Tennessee Almira Lane, Andrew Jackson Miller and Martha Ann McCullough.

At 18 I left Atlanta to go to the University of GA. I married my first and last husband in 1963, and we now have 3 fabulous children, 3 great spouses they married, and 5 gorgeous and smart grandchildren. I am rooting for more from my son who recently married and isn't producing yet.

My husband was in large construction management so we moved 19 times in the first 22 years of our marriage. We loved the moving adventures and lived outside the US in Belgium and Saudi Arabia. We have now lived in Greenville, South Carolina, in the same house for the past 22 years. We have a mini-farm, and my husband Hal is keeper of the animals who he loves, and it keeps him entertained. We have 2 dogs (1 is 140 lb Greater Swiss Mountain Dog), 2 cats, 2 llamas, 1 miniature donkey, and 2 horses.

One month ago I opened an account with Ancestry.com., and I have gotten hooked on this quest - rarely leaving my computer except to eat and sleep. I hope I don't get a leg embolism.

One of best parts has been getting to know some cousins who I hope will agree to be Co-Authors so we can all reap the benefits of what they have found out about our ancestors.

Since the present slips quickly into the past. I would like to request that each Co-Author we are able to recruit to this blog write a little bio so we can get to know each other.

This is the first post of this blog and here's hoping there are many more by my cousins.

3 comments:

  1. Sharon, I was doing some research to solve a challenging genealogical puzzle involving a Cherokee Starr today, and stumbled upon your blog. It was a wonderful surprise to find some great content here regarding Cherokee Starrs that I hadn't seen before, and the fact that you and your husband are descendants of two unrelated Starr lines was a bonus surprise.

    As in your case, I fell into the Ancestry.com addiction a few years ago, and what has transpired as a result has been very rewarding.

    If it turns out that my Starrs were related to any of your Starrs and I have anything useful to write, I will be happy to contribute.

    I signed up to "Follow by Email" and I presume you can see the e-mail addresses. If so, you'll be able to tell which one is mine. I hope to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon can you please contact me there is a big dispute on geni.com about Thomas Pasmere Carpenter being Moytoy's father and they have removed all lineage going back to him thankyou Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pam,
    That is really really interesting. I am not an authority on anything including myself alot of the times. I would refer you to someone who really knows so much more than I do. But you can email me at sstarr@thestarrsite.com. Found this very interesting link though https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Carpenter-8227.

    ReplyDelete